One of the things that is extremely important to me is praying for my girls and I seek to pray these 5 things for each of my girls every day:
- I pray for Anna and Leah’s salvation. I want my girls to have a personal relationship with Jesus and this is the most important thing in all the world! Everything I do as a parent should be focused on this priority and my greatest responsibility is to consistently share the gospel message with them.
- I pray that my girls will whole-heartedly follow God’s call on their life. That call could be anything from becoming a nurse, to an accountant, to a say-at-home mom. Hannah, Samuel’s mother, voiced a prayer to God that if He blessed her with a child then she would “give him to the Lord all the days of his life.” That is my attitude as well – God has blessed us and I in turn fully surrender my girls to His service whatever that may be.
- I pray that my girls will be a Great Commission Christians. I could not think of a more amazing blessing than watching one of my girls lead someone else to Christ and then disciple that person!
- I pray for my each of my girls’ future spouse. I pray that God would bring a true help-mate into their life and that this man would have a passionate personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I want him to be a godly man who loves her like Christ loved the church.
- I pray that my girls will pass on a godly heritage to their children. One of my greatest desires is to leave a godly legacy and I can think of no better way to do this than with my family.
 1 Samuel 1:11 (NKJV)