I had set a goal to lose 30lbs this year (actually by March 31,2012) and to say it has been a struggle would be an understatement! The first six months of 2012 have been crazy for me and for our family. One of the things that has fallen by the wayside during this transition is exercising consistently and eating healthily. My plan at the beginning of the year was to update this blog each week with my weight-loss progress and the things I learned that week about myself/living healthy during the journey. So here we go: I’m beginning again!
Current Weight: 225lbs
Goal Weight: 195lbs
Here are a few things that have been extremely helpful as I think and plan for this journey:
1. Michael Hyatt’s podcast on gaining more energy. He encourages you to do 10 specific things that will help you become more energetic each day (hint: exercise, eating healthy, getting enough sleep, and spending time with God are all included in this podcast).
2. Dr. Alvin Reid’s Beast of Workout video has been a huge help as I have gotten back into the swing of things. My plan is to do cardio 4 days each week and this workout 3 days each week.
3. This app has been helpful as I have been counting calories and tracking my exercise.
4. This book has made a huge impact on me concerning healthy living from a biblical perspective.
5. My wife is a huge encouragement and both of us are trying to help push each other and encourage each other in healthy living.