– Sinclair Ferguson asks a pertinent question in chapter 4 of In Christ Alone: “Why did God become man?” He offered three great reasons:
1. The conquest of Satan required an incarnation (Gen. 3:15).
2. Atonement was impossible without an incarnation (Heb. 2:17).
3. In our continuing frailty we are comforted by the knowledge of Christ’s incarnation (Heb. 7:26).
I was greatly encouraged as I thought through these three truths. What a joy to meditate on the incarnation of Christ and its realities in my own life.
– Janie and I had the joy of going out for breakfast together this morning after dropping both girls off at school. We are planning to do this every Friday morning after we drop the girls off – dates are wonderful when you have little ones at home!