5 Types of Prayer
It is essential to understand and practice each prayer type on a regular basis. Each type of prayer has a unique and vital role in the believer’s relationship with God. For this reason, no prayer type is more or less important than the others.
1. Praise & Thanksgiving: Praise and thanksgiving are the primary ways we give daily adoration and worship to God.
2. Confession: Consistent confession is the primary way we receive God’s forgiveness and maintain a Spirit-filled life.
3. Petition: Petition is the type of prayer in which we present our individual needs and desires to God.
4. Intercession: Intercession is the type of prayer that focuses on the needs of others.
5. Meditation: The act of reflecting on God’s Word and quietly listening for His still small voice.
(Gregory Frizzell, How To Develop A Powerful Prayer Life)