– I’m continually blown away by what God is doing at North River Church!
– We are seeing new people every week.
– We baptized 24 last Sunday.
– We have had new families join and more who have indicated they want to join.
– We have paid down the land note by over $100,000 so far this year and I’m convinced it will be paid in full by December (only $63,000 to go). All the while, overall giving continues to increase.
– I can’t wait to see what God is going to do moving forward!
– We had the joy of taking our girls to the beach last Friday. They had a blast and it was good to enjoy this Florida sunshine.
– Speaking of our girls, we had the joy of celebrating their mom and my wife yesterday. Janie is my hero and a terrific mom. It’s a joy to do life with her.
– I also have a great mom so it was fun wishing her a Happy Mother’s Day too.
– I finished The Camel Club by David Baldacci yesterday afternoon. It was great and reading fiction does my heart good!
– I’m also reading Monday’s With My Old Pastor by Jose Luis Navajo. It has been good for my soul.
– We only have 3 more sermons in our 1 Peter series and I’m looking ahead at what we will work through in the summer. I’m thinking about a series through the life of Joseph (A Cup of Joe).
– We usually work through books of the Bible but right now I have a couple of more topical preaching series racing through my mind…Rooted (A series on the foundations of what we believe as Christians) and Battle Ready (A series on spiritual warfare and the armor of God – Ephesians 6:10-20).
– This afternoon will be spent planning the preaching calendar and gathering the necessary resources to move forward in preparing to preach. I love planning!
– I received an email from Energion Publications yesterday detailing how many Parent-Driven Discipleship books have been sold through the 1st quarter of 2016.
– The total is 82 (3 of which were Kindle versions). I hope the book has been helpful and if you have not yet picked up your copy you can do so here.
– I’m sure I have another book in me but I haven’t taken much time to work on it lately.