– We had another great service yesterday at North River Church. God continues to move!
– I started working through the book of Romans this morning in my personal time with the Lord.
– Paul’s passion for the gospel is so convicting and so encouraging.
– Yesterday, Our small group talked about why we struggle to share the gospel with others and how we should weave the gospel into our normal everyday conversations.
– Paul did this. It did not matter where he was (prison, temple, shipwrecked, snake bitten, etc.). He constantly shared the gospel.
– What is even more encouraging…people came to faith in Christ constantly!
– Paul wrote in Romans 1:16: “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.”
– The power is not in our persuasiveness. It is in the gospel. We just simply need to share it! God will do the rest.
– I finished reading a novel last week (David Baldacci’s The Camel Club). It was good.
– I’m also working through The Pastor as Scholar & The Scholar as Pastor (John Piper & D.A. Carson). It is a neat autobiographical sketch by both Piper and Carson.
– Up next on the reading list is John Ortberg’s Soul Keeping and Kevin Leman’s Be The Dad She Needs You To Be.
– I have always heard that leaders are readers. I want to keep growing as a leader so that means I must keep reading!