– It has been 2 months since posting a Monday Musings or even a regular blog post…I would offer an excuse but I’m guessing “the dog ate my blogpost” would probably not go over too well!
– We have some exciting things going on at North River Church and I’m grateful to pastor such a great group of people whose primary desire is to love Jesus and make him known.
– So far this year (through July) we have baptized 24 people and 46 have partnered with us as members (with more ready join). This is incredible! God is working!
– I only have one sermon left in our Joseph series. I think it has been a great series for our church. If you would like to listen you can here: www.gonorthriver.org/sermons
– On August 21st I will be delivering a “State of the Church” message where I will focus on casting vision for where God is leading us. I’m excited about what God has done over the last 7 months but I’m even more excited about what I believe he will do!
– I’m also pumped about having a candidate for our Worship & Discipleship Pastor position coming in view of a call on the 21st. He is fantastic and I can’t wait for our church to meet him and hear his heart for ministry.
– It is fun to be building a team to do ministry with at NRC.
– We are continuing to look for a Family Pastor and have had some great interviews recently. I love the next generation and the thought of having someone on our team pouring his life into our teenagers and kids is exciting!
– I have been slacking the past several weeks but finally got out and went for a run this morning. It felt good. Exercise is such a vital part of maintaining my sanity!
– Our girls start school on Wednesday so the next couple of days will be filled with last minute shopping, open houses, and final preparations before getting back to a more fixed routine.
– It is hard to believe our baby will be in Kindergarten this year! She is growing up! We will also have a 3rd grader. I’m excited that they will be at the same school.
– It is finally August…which means we are less than 1 month away from college football starting! I can’t wait to plop down on the couch and eat boiled peanuts while watching college football.
– That is all for now. I need to finish up a couple of things before heading to K5 open house later this afternoon.